Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hocus Pocus

In the coming weeks I will be highlighting some of the songs that I think are really cool, especially live. This week, we'll be looking at a Dutch group from the early seventies called Focus. I haven't heard anything else by them, ever. This is the only song that I have ever heard and I have to say, I even like this version better than the album version. The great things about this video are:


  1. The lead "singer's" (I put it in quotes because he mainly just yodels, I don't if that is officially singing in my book) facial expressions are great in comparison to the lackadaisical looks on the faces of the rest of the band.

  2. This seems to be about 125% of the speed of the normal album cut, and yet, again the lackadaisical looks on the faces of the band members.

  3. Overall, this song is just a great mix of different stuff. It's got some Jethro Tull type stuff in there (obvious one with the flute), but it also has some stuff that reminds me of Deep Purple, and some other bands.



Take a listen (and watch it too, for pure entertainment value) and let me know what you think with a comment.


No comments: