Monday, May 5, 2008

Dirty Little Secret 2

Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel

Let me start this post out by saying how much I really dislike country music in general. I don't like twangy, country drawl music. The most amusing thing about my liking this song is how twangy it is and how much they sing with a country drawl. Everything I despise about country music is epitomized in this song.

The redeeming part of this song is the harmony. I love really good harmonies in songs.

My favorite part is the third chorus:

Walkin' to the south out of Roanoke
I caught a trucker out of Philly
Had a nice long toke
But he's a headed west from the Cumberland Gap
To Johnson City, Tennessee
And I gotta get a move on fit for the sun
I hear my baby callin' my name
And I know that she's the only one
And if I die in Raleigh
At least I will die free

This part has good harmonies with the backup singers in a'capella.

As much as I dislike country music, I can listen to this song over and over and over. Just ask slide-o-lovie.


No comments: