Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Motivation

Last year between January and May I dropped about 55lbs of weight and felt really good. I did this using a BodyBugg device and being a stickler about entering my food intake and uploading my calorie burn. Jogging with my wife almost every night to help her train for the Wasatch Back Ragnar was also a large factor. My problem since May of last year has been the eating. I really enjoy food. Different foods, with different textures, with different spices really interest me. My wife is a great cook and she makes pretty healthy stuff, but I eat too much of it. That is my problem. I do like healthy foods, they satisfy my interest in different types of foods with different textures, tastes and spices, but I eat too much of them. Even healthy foods, when eaten in large quantities, will add to one's waist. I've been trying to get the motivation to be a stickler about entering my eating and calorie burn like I did last year, but I can't seem to do it. I don't know why, I felt way better in May of last year than I ever have in my life. I weighed less at 28 than I did in high school. Any tips would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Eva said...

While you were losing consistently you were also doing the dishes every night to help meet your moderate activity level goal.
That was nice